Tuesday, June 24, 2008

13 weeks!


Well, can you believe it?! Already 13 weeks. I didn't know if I'd ever make it to here and it has quickly gotten here, thank God! I thought this was the start of my 2nd trimester, but I guess that's next week. But, our baby is now 3 inches long, which they compare to the size of a medium shrimp...think of that w/ your next shrimp cocktail :) The baby has fully developed fingernails and their body is starting to catch up with the size of their head. The website said the baby's organs and veins are clearly visible through their skin. And get this, if the baby is a girl, she already has 2 million eggs in her ovaries!!! Holy cow! And people dont' believe in God??!! I have felt abnormally good since Saturday, always a plus. We heard the heartbeat today...long story why...and it was a good strong 150! So, everything here is great! 2 weeks til our next appointment. Yay! PS, if you want to see this picture bigger (or any picture on here), just click on the picture. FYI. :)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, your blog is amazing! I feel like I've missed out on so much! I really wished we lived closer, but since you won't be moving anytime soon, we'll just do the best we can! I love all of the updates, and now that I have the blog address I'll keep myself informed! Love you guys and are so excited for you!
-Jenni

Anonymous said...

woohoo!! Week 13 is always a fun one (especially if you're one that the morning sickness ends around that time -which sounds like it might be the case!). We still haven't seen each other since we've both been pregnant so we gotta get crackin on that ;) it'll be a prenatal playdate.
ps I wanna hear your long story.