Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My "perfect" uterus :) .......

I thought I'd start the post with a picture of a uterus...seemed fitting! :) So, first of all, ladies...if someone ever says, "Wanna have your cervix clamped?" Say no!! :) Luckily it only took about 1 minute b/c it really was pretty terrible! When Dr. Henry walked in, he asked how I was and I told him good, but I just wanted to get the show on the road! I told him that a girl at work said it was very painful and she made me nervous. I said "she told me you were gonna clamp my cervix and make me roll over". He made a few joking comments to the tech like, "roll over? Are you gonna make her roll over? I'm not gonna make her roll over".... He was only commenting on the not rolling over part...then he looked at me with a huge medal thing in his hand and said, "well, she was somewhat right, you're gonna hate this test! :) But it will be fast." Lordy day! The clamp and the cramping were pretty intense, but when he was done, it was over. So, I can handle 1 minute of pretty much anything I suppose. He said, "everything looks perfect, so go get pregnant" :) On a serious note, he asked us if we wanted to just get pregnant or if we wanted him to check for the chromosomal problem I talked about before (Translocation). From my understanding......since the tissue from my miscarriage came back fine, I don't have the Translocation problem. There is a 2% chance Caleb has it, and he doesn't suggest doing the test on him for a 2% chance, but he said we could. We opted to try to get pregnant and are praying for a healthy successful pregnancy soon!!! He did clarify that if we have another miscarriage, he will do more tests then. Not if we have several more. So now, we just pray and hope for good things to come soon! We really do covet your prayers for the chapter of Miscarriages in our lives to be shut for good, and for God to bless us with a healthy pregnancy and baby soon! Thank you so much for all your prayers, we appreciate them! .......wish us luck! ;)
(Nothing like the whole world knowing we're trying to have a baby!)

2 comments:

Grandma said...

God will bless and we will wait for Him to do so!! Our love and prayers are with you all daily!

The McCrady's said...

First of all...I love that you put a picture of a uterus on your blog...haha! Second...praying that God will bless you with another sweet baby:) Love ya!