Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A giving opportunity...

Lately there are LOTS of things challenging my mind, challenging my priorities, and just flat out challenging me! But I just want to share that if anyone is sitting around thinking "how can I help people in Indy in need around Christmas time?"...I thought I'd share a list of items that our Ronald McDonald House at Riley is in need of. For those who aren't familiar with this, It is a place in Riley and outside of Riley that houses parents' of patients in the hospital. But it also helps feed these families who are here for long periods of time and can't afford to pay for 3 meals a day every day (b/c who can???) So, if this is something you're interested in, you can get with me and I'll gladly take them for you, or you can take them to Riley between 9am and 9pm every day! :) That's it...just an opportunity for those who want one...

  • Individual snack items (healthy snacks appreciated) - crackers, cookies, popcorn, nuts
  • Little Debbies, etc
  • Canned chicken, chili, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, etc
  • Tortilla chips, and #10 can Nacho cheese
  • Crackers - saltines, Ritz, etc
  • Spices - dried onions, 
  • Mayonaise
  • Canned vegetables 
  • Canned fruit (large and individual servings)
  • Large containers of instant drink mixes (lemonade, iced tea, etc)
  • Paper products (bowls, plates, plastic forks and spoons, small and large ziplocks, crock pot bags)
  • Restaurant size plastic wrap and foil
  • Liquid Laundry detergent (high efficiency)
  • Hair detangler
The following items would need to be delivered directly to the Ronald McDonald House (inside Riley)
  • Butter
  • Eggs
  • Fresh fruit and vegetables
  • Hot dogs, lunch meat, cheese
  • Frozen meat (ground beef, chicken)
  • Frozen casseroles

No comments: