Tuesday, December 6, 2011

4 months

The babies had their 4 month checkup last week, and they're doing great! Korbin has finally passed his sister in weight, but not in percentage. He weighed 13 lb (10%) and was 24 1/4 in long (15%). Kendall weighed 12 lb 10 oz (25%) and was 24 in long (25%). Both of their percentages have dropped, but nothing that concerned anyone. This is where Bailey started her plummet down the growth chart. She was in the 14th% and at 6 mo went down to 5%. So we shall see how they do, but I don't think the doctor will be very concerned if they go down too b/c clearly Bailey is healthy and is a good eater! They are starting to be more awake during the day. They enjoy playing under their toys on the play mats and are trying to roll over. They both pretty much have rolled over, they just let their arms stop them. 
We started them on cereal last night. No surprise, they didn't enjoy it, but they'll get used to it :) They would take some, gag, and then smile at us :) But don't be fooled by the cute smiles, they were definitely gagging at the delicious cereal! :) They're still sleeping a solid 8-9 hours at night, and I'm still typically waking them up in the mornings to eat. It kills me to do that, but if they get up when Bailey gets up and wants to eat, it's way more of a chaotic morning. I choose peaceful mornings! Call me crazy! :)




 We really wanted to start a new tradition as a family of going downtown the day after Tgiving to watch the lighting of the tree...so we did. It would be more eventful if we get there earlier next year to enjoy the decorations before the circle is packed, but at least we started it! :) And the weather was PERFECT!

I go back to work Friday, and I have a lot of anxieties about it. I just hate the thought of being away from all 3 of them ALL day! I am so thankful I'm just doing it once a week, but I'm still a bit anxious. I've been off work for 6 months, so it almost feels foreign to me!! I want to get this first one over with, b/c I know it only gets easier. I am looking forward to seeing my co-workers again, but I am not looking forward to all of the stress that comes with work! I am just praying that I don't have terrible stressful days that last 'til 8:30 instead of 7:30! That extra hour away feels like torture!!! Please pray for me about this! I would appreciate it!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Oh My they are growing way too fast!! Love the pics! Praying for you and your return to work. Love to all!

aunt tiff said...

they r such cuties :) glad u had fun downtown...traditions with ur own little family are so important and u will be glad u did them!!! i love our time just the 4 of us :)

The Johnston Family said...

I randomly had a dream about you last night and went to text you this morning and realized that I don't even have your phone number. Then I tried to email you, nope, no email. Then I tried to find you on facebook - nothing there either. Heather, it's been YEARS since we've talked/gotten together. I'd really like to talk. Your kids are adorable. Give me a call or shoot an email if you have a minute - 727.1622
thanks :)