Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bailey's announcement...

No, you're not seeing double...Bailey is gonna be a big sister...x2! Yep, Mommy is pregnant with twins! If you're jaw is on the floor and you can't get it off, that's ok. It took about a week for mine to get off the floor! :) Story to come after the pics of the little ones...yea, that's plural! :)
This is the ultrasound (U/S) pic at 6 weeks. Two strong heartbeats. They are in seperate sacs which is good b/c there are more concerns when they share a sac. It does mean, however, that they are not identical. Here's the story...Over thanksgiving, we found out we were pregnant. We were in FL visiting my family, so we had to wait to get my blood drawn when we got back. My HcG (pregnancy hormone) was good and my progesterone (which needs to be above 10) was 85. (It was 34 with Bailey, and always 10 or less with miscarriages). I got my HcG checked again 2 days later b/c it should atleast double every 2 days. It tripled. Went in to see the fertility specialist who wants to follow us for the 1st 10 weeks and got an U/S. I had started about the day before that feeling EXTREMELY nauseous! I was dry heaving when I got to his office. He began the U/S and stared a minute, which made me nervous even though I really thought we were gonna have good news b/c my #'s had been so good...then he got a big grin and said, "just like I thought, both heartbeats are great!" and turned the screen towards me! I said "oh my gosh! oh my gosh!" And Caleb said, "I knew you were gonna say that!"
So, since then....we went 1 week later (this past Monday) to get the 7 wk U/S. I have been absolutely miserable. I've been so nauseous that I can't really eat. Meds aren't helping me, it's been rough. So at that U/S, he walked in and said, "you look terrible!" I was glad he could see how bad I was feeling w/o me even saying it. He decided to give me IV fluids in his office. It took a few hours. It helped a little bit, but then the next day (Tues), I threw up every time I ate. I couldn't even keep water down. So around 10pm, I decided I should probably go to the ER and get more IV fluids. And then I decided Thur night that I missed the ER and went back again b/c I had a little spotting. Everything was fine...but it was a long long night! (sidenote...another HUGE thanks to Aunt Rachel and Uncle Brandon for staying with Bailey and losing sleep 2 nights this week!!!! and to Aunt Tiff for staying with us in the ER while we waited to make sure everything was ok!)
So, I am almost 8 weeks now, have had 3 U/S's and they both are growing great! Our U/S in the ER was very in depth...they already have little arm nubs...CRAZY!! My due date is August 9, but the fertility doc said if I go to July 9, he'd be happy. We will get a couple more weekly U/S's with him and then go back to my regular OB. Right now, we are just praying for better days regarding my nausea and vomiting. I have had some good days, and that really helps!! It's been a rough 2 weeks...hince why I am just now posting this! I am taking a 30 day leave of absence from work b/c I can barely function most days. We will continue to keep you updated, and as always, appreciate your prayers for the babies and mommy!
And PS...Merry Christmas!!! ;) Bday and Christmas pics to come....

3 comments:

L said...

Congrats!!! and Congrats!:) So happy for you! God bless you and BOTH of those little ones! Hope the sick phase passes quickly!

Mandy said...

We are so excited for you! Congrats! Let us know if you need help with Bailey or anything else...

Grandma said...

Well you all know that we are sooooo happy for you! I am glad you were able to finally post it so I could too! We will be praying for all of you!