Monday, September 6, 2010

My future workplace

I know this is random, but it's exciting, so I thought I'd share the pics. Riley has been building our "towers" since before I was pregnant. Our new units are going to be amazing!! They were put on hold around the time of my maternity leave, and now are getting finished. We should be moving in the 1st of the new year. For those who have no idea what our units look like now, this won't be near as impressive, but these new rooms are going to be amazing! All of the rooms are private which is AMAZING!!! Over half of our problems on the unit are roommate situations! So, that in itself is great! On top of that though, the rooms are huge! They have a great area for the parent including their own TV. They all have their own huge bathroom. And someone...I'm not sure who...donated a WII for EVERY room! So cool!
Every unit has a theme. These pics are when we went on a tour of the floor above our's b/c it was closer to being done. Our theme is the Jungle. This unit's theme is the Forest. Our colors are in the family of red. This floor is blues and greens.
.
This is part of a room, minus any bed or equipment. In the far left corner is the parents area, and to the left is lots of cabinets and the patient's TV.
Cool glass walls outside of different areas on each floor. I think this was the outside of the school room. Notice the mountain theme. Secretary desk with cool lights above and mosaic tile on front. All units will have that with their theme.
View of downtown from one of the rooms. Pretty cool.
I am excited about how nice this is going to be. We'll finally look like 1 of the top children hospitals in the nation like we are! :)

No comments: