Hi everyone. I will soon put some pics on here from our 4th of July weekend at the dunes w/ the Brown's! But for now, I am just wanting to ask for your prayers for our doctors appointment Monday morning. We are meeting with the fertility specialist, and would appreciate prayers for wisdom and discernment on his part. We are hoping and praying that Dr. Henry doesn't find anything major wrong, and that maybe he'll have an easy solution. :) May be wishful thinking, but that's our hopes. I'm not sure how much testing he will be able to do Monday, b/c my pregnancy hormones may not be all the way down. I hope he can, b/c I really don't want this testing process to be forever!!! I think one of the hardest parts of each miscarriage is having no idea when we will have a baby, and it's already driving me crazy! So, clearly, praying for patience for me as well won't hurt! :) To sum this up, if you like a list of specifics to pray like I do...
1.) Pray for wisdom and discernment for Dr. Henry and staff
2.) Pray that testing won't be prolonged more than necessary
3.) Pray for peace for Caleb and I for what ever he may tell us
4.) Pray for emotional healing and patience for us
5.) Pray that it isn't something major, like I can't have more kids! (that may sound like a selfish request, but I think you'll find me in a mental institute if that's what I'm told. I'm just warning ya!)
As far as how we're doing, I'd say we're pretty good. Obviously, I think a miscarriage is much harder on the woman b/c it was a constant in my mind that I had a life inside of me. I know Caleb had a hard time thinking I was pregnant w/ Bailey until he could see the belly grow and feel Bailey. I'm not saying it hasn't been hard on him too, and it's hard on him to see me down. I felt like I was getting better, and then I went back to work :( I think there it is an almost CONSTANT reminder that I'm not pregnant anymore. There are so many things in the hospital that you have to consider if you're pregnant, so I would find myself saying, "oh, don't do that b/c you're pregnant, oh wait no you're not". And that went on all day. Makes me have to face it all over again over and over. So, that hasn't been enjoyable, but it is what it is. I have to get over this little hurdle now, and only time will make it easier. Please know that we truly appreciate your prayers. Please also know that we aren't sitting here in complete depression, we just have our moments. Hopefully this chapter will be closed soon!
1 comment:
Our prayers are with you tomorrow as always...God is good and we are praying for His will to be done in each of your requests. We love you all and are blessed to share in the prayers offered up for you guys. We'll be waiting to hear how your appointment goes. Our love to all!!
Post a Comment