Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bailey is 18 months!

First of all...is there any better therapy than this? I think not! We took this the day of our 1st ultrasound. This was going to be for the 1st page of baby #2's baby book, so I had to still use it! :)
Bailey is really the best blessing God could give us. She snuggled into me today before her nap and I attempted to sing "You are my sunshine" and completely lost it. Feeling overwhelmed w/ love and appreciation for her, and that God entrusted her to us to raise! Also saddened that I don't have her sibling growing inside of me anymore, but I have hope that one day soon, it will happen and be successful! I wanted to atleast show this picture of our 1st ultrasound when we saw a heartbeat. I know it's hard to interpret, but there are 2 little white "x" marks showing the baby. The white hash looking mark in the middle was the flicker of the heart.
OK...on with Bailey news
We had her 18mo apt yesterday. She got 3 shots and has some kind of nasty cold/infection/eye infection. We got an antibiotic and eye drops to help that. Poor thing looked like we beat her up! Her eyes were swollen and red with green nastiness coming out of them! The eye drops are already helping though. She weighed 19 lbs, 10 oz! I know...she's a hoss! :) kidding! Her weight was in the 2%. She was 30 1/4 inches tall (14th %). Besides her nasty cough and eyes, she is doing great! Saying all sorts of things. I think she says something new every day. Today, she said plain as day, "I want that"! Wowzers...out of no where! Such a smart 'lil cookie! Love her to pieces!
Thank you for praying with us and for us during this time. It is very much appreciated!

2 comments:

Shere said...

Bailey gets prettier every day! Such a sweetheart! I'm so glad you have her to brighten your day as "your sunshine"! I forgot to tell you the other day she "high-fived" me (I don't even remember what I had done - but she thought it was good, I guess). She must have learned that from her cousins?I can't believe how much she is talking!! She has quite the personality!

Grandma said...

Romans 5:3-5 says "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Clinging to these verses again and sharing them with you all. Yes Bailey is a ray of "sunshine" in our lives and we are thankful for her. Thankful for the parents that God gave her as well. We love you all!