Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bailey's 1st Birthday!

Yes, somehow Bailey just turned 1 year old on the 20th!! I can't believe my baby is 1! Holy cow! We had a party at home for her the day before her bday. She had a good time and of course got lots of toys :) We are so thankful for our little girl and that she is a beautiful healthy little girl! Speaking of little:)...she weighed 16 lb 7 oz at her 1yr doc apt. He wasn't happy that she was still in the 1%, so he decided to run some test. He did a lot of blood work, which came back normal. He then had her tested for CF (Cystic Fibrosis) b/c of her low weight. I thought this was a bit extreme, but didn't want to be naive and refuse to do it. I wasn't too concerned about it b/c CF is the patient population I worked with for 4 years, and she has no signs besides being little. But of course the day of the test, I started thinking holy cow...what if?? Thankfully, our doc got back w/ us that day, so we didn't have to wait forever for the results. No, she doesn't have it, thank God! Daddy was about to have heart failure over if...even though I kept telling him she didn't have it! ;) She has another weight check next week and if she doesn't gain, he wants a GI (gastro/intestinal) specialist to make sure there's nothing wrong. We've been doing Pediasures and Carnation Instant Breakfast, so hopefully that will help. She is just really in a finicky stage of not wanting to eat well right now. So, we'll see! Ok...on with the bday pics. I will get Christmas pics on here soon.
Opening her presentsPlay time! Her birthday cupcakes The birthday throne :) At first,she didn't want to get her hands dirty or something and she was leaning her face in trying to get a bite! :)
Then she started to get the hang of it!
The final damage :)
We love our Bailey Boo! Thank you to everyone who came to her birthday party. We're so glad you were able to be a part of her big celebration! :)

1 comment:

Kindra Lang said...

So glad you have some good news. Send the pic of her eating the cupcake to your Dr! I'm glad for Bailey too that she made it to her first birthday! Big accomplishment!! Hope you guys are doing well!