This first picture of Bailey was the other day when we were waiting in the car for the rain to stop at Uncle Josh's game (Varsity coach for Southport soccer). Bailey was "driving" and when I said her name, she posed like a little model. So stinkin' cute! :)
So, the other day, our crazy friends (Aaron & Lindsey) said, "hey, wanna run in a 10K this weekend?" To which I said, "uh, how far is that?" "6.2 miles" "um, ok"...The next day I thought to myself, "self, what in the world did you just agree to???" We cycle every week with them (which is way fun!), but as for running...I just ran last week for the 1st time since before I was pregnant!!! But, I am proud to say that we all ran the whole thing and not only did we live through it, but we did pretty well!
These stud muffins left us in the dust and ran it in 53 minutes. They finished #2 & 3 out of all the guys in their age group! Good job boys!
And for their lovely wives...we ran it in 1 hr! We were # 5 & 6 out of the ladies in our age group! I was just glad to run the whole thing and not have to stop and walk it...or die!! I must say that Lindsey is a super hero though. She is training for a marathon and had already ran 10 miles this morning prior to this race! Way to go! It was fun and we surprisingly really enjoyed running it! Thanks Lindsey and Aaron for the crazy suggestion! :)
So, the other day, our crazy friends (Aaron & Lindsey) said, "hey, wanna run in a 10K this weekend?" To which I said, "uh, how far is that?" "6.2 miles" "um, ok"...The next day I thought to myself, "self, what in the world did you just agree to???" We cycle every week with them (which is way fun!), but as for running...I just ran last week for the 1st time since before I was pregnant!!! But, I am proud to say that we all ran the whole thing and not only did we live through it, but we did pretty well!
And for their lovely wives...we ran it in 1 hr! We were # 5 & 6 out of the ladies in our age group! I was just glad to run the whole thing and not have to stop and walk it...or die!! I must say that Lindsey is a super hero though. She is training for a marathon and had already ran 10 miles this morning prior to this race! Way to go! It was fun and we surprisingly really enjoyed running it! Thanks Lindsey and Aaron for the crazy suggestion! :)
3 comments:
First of all, Bailey is a genius, she already knows how to drive & probably better than me :)!!! She looks soooo absolutely adorable! Second, you're an animal, congrats on running the 6.2 miles out of nowhere. I would never be able to do that. I'll blame it on the fact that I have the bad back of a 90 year old hag, sound good? I love your blog! Since I can't see you or talk to you all the time, I feel like I can still see what's going on in your life! Miss you lots!!!
I'm proud of you. I had no idea you were doing this, but I'm not surprised. I don't think there was ever a time that I could have run 6 miles - walk, maybe - but not run. Go girl!
Bailey is so cute in that picture!! Watch out, I think she may have her heart set on her own car soon!
Post a Comment