Thursday, September 24, 2009

9 months

Here I am once again saying...somehow Bailey is 9 months! Her checkup was the same stuff....another weight check in 1 month! She was 15lb 1oz (2% now) and 25 1/2 inches (5%). So, he was somewhat concerned and said at the 1 month weight check he would do the "whole work up to make sure nothing is wrong" if she doesn't gain enough. I'm not too concerned. I work with Failure To Thrive kids all the time and Bailey is not!! She's just little. Plus, I've been thinking she'd eat more food lately, I've just been hesitant to teach bad eating habits. But for now, I will feed until I can feed no more! :) We're starting meat baby foods. I was staying away from them b/c they just grose me out, but I guess we'll do what we need to do. So far she's liking them. The 1st one was Chicken and Noodles, and it is rather thick. After a couple gags, she projectile vomited everywhere! It was fun!!
Bailey is crawling everywhere!!! And she's super fast! She is also pulling up on EVERYTHING and therefore falling! I still hate every fall, but there's only so much I can do. Unless I walk behind her at all times and keep my hands behind her, I guess she'll just have to learn. She is still saying DaDa, and I think there's more purpose behind it. She is turning her "NaNaNa" into "MaMa". I think that's about it on the newsfront! Hope everyone is well. Drop a note and say hello! :) Thanks for reading our blog!

3 comments:

The Brown Family Blog said...

Fun times with the projectile vomiting! :-) Can't believe she is nine months old! Wow. We started Owen on "real people food" at nine months...I couldn't believe we were "allowed" to do that! I'm sure you remember, but we did a lot of ravioli, macaroni, spaghetti,chicken noodles soup, veggie soup, etc....I never did the baby food meats either because they grossed me out too!
I agree....Bailey is just small. She's clearly healthy.
Love that cutie pie! :-)

The Johnston Family said...

she's a cutie! Does she like avacadoes? - They're high in good fats so that may help - and super mushy so baby-friendly. Babies don't know how to "over-eat" so she'll stop when she's full and had enough - don't worry about her overeating. It's not like she's eating cookies!
Jocelyn is NOT very good with anything but pureed foods quite yet so we've had some projectile vomits at our house, too - although I'm fine with it - I like the builtin anti-choking mechanism! Better than having to do the heimlich.
Glad she's doing well!

Shere said...

She is so photogenic (like her mom)! I'll bet she'll start putting on more weight as you add meats and "dinners". She just doesn't look thin to me; just petite. Our cutie pie!