So, since I sit around doing nothing all the time, I thought I'd create a new project for myself! ;) Honestly though, our entryway has been something I've hated since we moved in. So one day, I sat on the floor looking up the stairs until I came up with a plan! Waaaayyyy back on the 4th of July is when I started this project. I just finished it. But...at least I finished! :) I painted all of the walls (including the 2 story tall ones) This included me on the top part of a ladder on the staircase - with my dear husband holding it of course - livin' on the wild side! I also painted all of the oak on our stairs, the oak front door, and did a stenciling technique to the hallway wall. When I stenciled the 1st row on the wall I told Caleb this may be the dumbest idea I've had yet! It was definitely time consuming, but I think it was worth it! Enjoy...and if you come to our house now, you have to use the front door!! :) kidding!
Before pic. Notice the oak stairs and the dull beige the whole house was painted before we moved in

And after. I painted the stairs with a dark espresso and put a light tan on the walls


And the main feature :)
up close - what the design looks like


The front door still has new hardware to put on, but that's it

1 comment:
Gorgeous!
Post a Comment