Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Drumroll..........the Nursery!!!!

OK, everyone. Here are the pictures you've all been waiting for! The nursery still is not totally done, but it's close enough! Warning: you are going to see a painting I made for the nursery and it has the baby's name on it. We reserve the right to change her name when she comes out, but we are pretty set on it. For those who don't know yet, it's...
Bailey Grace Brown!
Don't forget that if you want to see the pictures closer up, just click on the picture and then hit the back arrow when you're done!
We are still going to put brown shelves on both sides of the stripe on the wall above the crib.
This rocking chair is amazing and I look forward to rocking our sweet baby in it lots of times! :) It has an ottoman in the corner that opens as storage too. We plan to put little wheels underneath it to make it easy to move back and forth. Oh honey...another item on your to do list! Close up of the painting. We painted a piece of plywood brown, then I painted the dots on there. And we used rub on letters for the words. I wish I could say I free-handed that, but we all know my handwriting isn't good! :) I bought the frame on the bottom and it says "The moment we saw you, we fell in love." I cried in the store and knew I had to buy it. Above it is a little sign that my sister Brooke bought. It has the same design on it and it says "You are my sunshine" which has sentimental value to us b/c our late PopPa Del Gallo used to always sing that to us while rocking us in his rocker! We bought this silver chandelier at Ikea and I added the pink beads...just wanted to make sure there was enough pink in the room! :) And last but not least...the bedding!

5 comments:

The Brown Family Blog said...

The nursery is of course gorgeous...even though I've had the privilege of seeing it in person. :-) I used to hang out in Owen's room before he was born...it was my favorite place to be...just got done rocking him to sleep...still one of my favorite places to be more than a year and a half later! The time is getting so close...she will be here before we know it! Promise that I'll get to hang out with her at least a little bit...I know I'm a lowly Aunt in a long line of devoted Aunt's!
Hope you have a great week...see you soon :-)

Anonymous said...

looks adorable :) You have great taste. I am sure you'll love having such a comfy rocker - it is probably the most used chair in our home :)

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

First of all, you look great Heather - absolutely radiant! Second of all, the nursery looks awesome. Having a room that you love to be in means so much. Having a chair that is comfortable means even more...my comfy chair is the best pre-baby purchase we made. I love that you have sentimental words and items in the room - it is just great. Enjoy dreaming about your little girl. She'll be here really soon!

Laura said...

(Laura Sharbaugh by the way...)