Thursday, September 11, 2008

Big owie!

So, I gracefully stepped on this stupid nail in our shed last night! Pretty much nailed my flip flop to my foot right below my big toe! "How?" you ask. Well there was a hidden bag of galvanized nails in the shed and my foot found them. It was terrible and very traumatic. Thank God Caleb was home b/c I wasn't about to yank that sucker out of my foot! I'll spare all the details but I cried like a baby...somewhat panicked! :) My big toe is throbbing, but it could have been worse! I am going to get a lovely tetanus shot today - even though galvanized nails can't rust I guess. Better safe than sorry. I'm getting good at injuring myself lately and this tops it off. I may actually live in a bubble until this baby comes out!

2 comments:

The Brown Family Blog said...

I still can't believe that you did that! OUCH! I hope you are not in as much pain today. Prayin' that it heals fast and soon! Love you and my baby niece! (ok, and Caleb and Roxy!)

Allyson Neely said...

Hey! I stepped on a rusty nail once when I was a kid! On purpose! I told this kid, "Oh no, if I step on it it'll just bend over." And then I proceeded to stomp on the nail. And then blood started pouring out of my shoe :) Hope you are feeling better!