Tuesday, April 5, 2011

House pics round 1...

I've been waiting to put pics of the house on here b/c there's still so much not done. We don't really have any decorations out/hung, but oh well..who know's when that'll be, so here's some of what we've done so far...
The kitchen before
kitchen after..don't mind our beautiful card table. We still need to find a kitchenette table :) Closer up. We painted a gray color on the wall and down the wall of windows leading into the living room
downstairs bath before
and after :) Dark gray on the walls. We used tile we had bought years ago to use as kitchen counter top, but never used. I had to do bead board again...to my husband's dismay. But doesn't it look good? ;) Love you baby!
My hubby built the vanity, we tiled the top and used a sink we had from old house that hadn't been used either. Had to buy the faucet though. Still need some shelves in here and towel hook, but we'll get there.
laundry before (almost..I had the walls almost all painted in this pic)
after
laundry floor...cool, and very cost effective peel 'n stick floor. To look like wood grain.
Master from the master bath. The doorway is on the right and the window is on the left, across from the bed. We haven't done anything in here besides put the furniture in :)
master bath before
All we've done so far is the vanity. We tiled it, painted the cabinets, and put new sinks and faucets (probably about a $300 upgrade...not bad and definitely worth it!)
close up
our favorite...living room before
And after! The TV is across from the couch (bottom right corner of pic)
We tiled the fireplace with this marble stick tile and put glass beads in the fireplace
Isn't she pretty? :)
Our beautiful American Walnut floors that I love! My amazing hubby, father in law, and brother in law worked very hard on laying this beauty in the living room, hallway/entry, and dining room! (I helped a little too when I wasn't at work :)

We've had a lot of help from our family and are so appreciative! I must give a special shout out to my father in law though! The man has worked just as hard as we have on our house, and he doesn't even live here! So far he hasn't been hospitalized b/c of us, but there were some close calls! :) We love you PaPaw!

5 comments:

Shere said...

You guys do beautiful work! I'm so proud for you!

Allyson Neely said...

looks beautiful! you guys did a great job!

Slim08 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you for the shout out but it was not needed. So happy to be able to help out. Don't think I even bleed once. God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and family. So thankful you all are close to us. Family is what it is all about.

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Love the house, of course! You guys are amazing....what a beautiful home you've made, again! Can't wait to see it in person....hopefully in August - fingers crossed:) Love Ya!